Weight Loss Holidays in Denia (Alicante), Spain
Our weight-loss holidays in Spain are based at the stunning 5-star Marriott La Sella Golf Resort & Spa near Denia, in the northern Costa Blanca. The resort is situated in the Montgó Natural Park, just an hour north of Alicante Airport and 15 minutes’ drive from Denia, with its historical centre and unspoilt beaches.
Just as in our centres in Antequera and Tuscany, our unique weight-loss holidays in Alicante fit around your schedule: You can book your holiday for as long as you like and you can arrive and depart on any day of the week.
The programme for our weight-loss holidays in Spain has now helped over 6000 people achieve fantastic results through the exclusive “Four Pillars” programme, which focuses on Diet, Exercise, Education and Mindset. Clients with all manner of health conditions and issues have seen significant improvements through the holistic approach promoted on this weight loss holiday in Spain.
The weight loss programme is designed to provide a health boost for all participants and can be tweaked by the team of nurses and coaches for each individual guest. Coping with Type 2 diabetes is a speciality of the weight-loss centre in Alicante. Of all of the clients who are sufferers of this condition, the vast majority report fewer symptoms, normal blood sugar levels and reduced levels of medication after attending the centre.
Weight Loss Holidays in Spain – Location & Travel
Our weight loss holidays in Spain are based at the stunning 5-star Marriott La Sella Golf Resort & Spa near Denia, in the northern Costa Blanca; 1 hour from Alicante airport and a little more from Valencia airport.
The hotel is set within the Montgó Natural Park, which includes mountainous and coastal sections and which contains an extraordinary wealth of flora and fauna, as well as important archaeological finds such as cave paintings, Phoenician amphorae and the remains of Iberian settlements.
We offer transfers to and from Alicante airport, which are payable locally. (Please see the prices tab.)
Weight Loss Holidays in Spain – Accommodation & Facilities
The weight-loss centre in Denia offers a choice of accommodation options at the 5-star Marriott La Sella Golf Resort & Spa. We offer accommodation in single, double and twin rooms, which can be shared with friends or with other guests enjoying a weight-loss holiday.
All rooms are luxuriously furnished and have en-suite facilities. They are equipped with:
- Safes, with laptop chargers
- Free WIFI
- Cable/ satellite TV
- Individual climate control
- A choice of pillows (down/feather/foam)
- Electrical adaptors
Swimming Pool and Grounds
The resort has a large outdoor pool set in extensive grounds, which has a plentiful supply of sun loungers and parasols and which is usually available from May to October.
Gym & Fitness Suite
Our clients in Denia have access to the gym 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! The gym features a comprehensive range of equipment to complement your tailored fitness programme and the coaches are on hand during the day to assist when requested.
Group exercise and fitness classes are held in the fitness hall, which is fitted with a rubber-matted floor to ensure impact on joints is kept to a minimum. The studio is perfect for our exercise and dance classes and is equipped with the latest rebounders for our popular end of day rebounding class.
Assessment and Medical Suites
There is a permanent team of nursing and coaching staff available throughout your stay. The assessment and medical suite is a dedicated area to provide consultations throughout your programme. The facilities include medical equipment to monitor blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, weight, body fat, BMI and visceral fat.
Weight Loss Holidays in Spain – Programme
The daily programme of our weight loss holidays in Spain offers a variety of fitness, education and mindset classes, which provide tools for health and well being. Guests are guided throughout their stay with recommendations for sessions to enable them to reach their personal goals.
A “Typical Day” will consist of:
0800: Morning walk
0930: Yoga stretch
1100: Exercise class
1200: Educational talk
1400: Cookery / juicing class
1530: Afternoon snack
1600: Mindset class
1700: Rebounding class
1930: Evening film or talk
The programme is based on our exclusive “Four Pillars” approach, which focuses on Diet, Exercise, Education and Mindset:
Diet: Healthy & Nutritious Juices & Vegetarian Food
The food programme at the weight-loss centre in Alicante is made up of fresh juices and plant based foods. It provides an abundance of fresh vegetables, fruit, beans, pulses, grains, nuts and seeds. For guests who want to maintain or gain body weight, additional foods are added to the set menu to help to you reach your goals. The menu has been specially formulated to provide the best combination of nutrients, whether you choose to juice only, eat only or combine the two.
The centre does not serve meat, fish, eggs, dairy, oil/fat, tea, coffee, salt, sugar, fizzy drinks or alcohol.
Exercise: A Fun & Effective Programme
Exercise is a cornerstone of the programme at the weight-loss centre in Alicante. All activities are tailored according to the abilities and goals of each client. All guests are encouraged to participate in the activities and exercise classes, but their is no obligation to do anything that you don´t want to do. All activities are designed for the beginner/intermediate level exerciser and the coaches are always on hand to assist and encourage when necessary.
The exercise schedule usually consists of:
- A daily morning walk in the natural park. The main walk is 3 miles and includes amazing views of the sea and mountains. It has a number of ‘testing’ hills. The shorter walk also takes in stunning views and scenery, but encounters fewer hills.
- A daily morning yoga session.
- A daily Rebounding class. Great fun! NASA invented rebounding (exercising on mini-trampolines) to ensure astronauts maintained strength and fitness in space.
- Dance and aerobic sessions: Invigorating classes including “Fighting Fit” boxing-style training, circuit training, aerobics, body-weight exercises, fitball exercises, Zumba, core training, dance therapy and aqua dance.
Education: Preparing for Long-Lasting Changes
The education programme offers a number of different classes, talks and demonstrations, such as:
- A Juicing Demonstration. The chefs show the best methods to juice, what can and cannot be juiced and the different types of machines available.
- A Cookery Demonstration. The chefs show how to prepare and present plant-based meals. Recipes and instructions are provided to guests.
- A Nutrition Demonstration. The chefs go through the daily diet to help you to understand what your body needs and how a plant-based diet can provide this. They also explain food labelling.
- Nurse-Led Talks. The nurses give talks on subjects such as: How to Kick Start Your Health, Coping with Diabetes, Heart Health, Cancer Survival and Prevention.
- A Fitness Talk. Our head fitness instructor gives a presentation on fitness and health.
- A Beauty talk. Our head beauty therapist gives advice on the latest treatments and methods and how to make the most of your skin and nail care.
Mindset: Guaranteeing Success
The mindset classes will help you to make the long-term changes necessary to ensure your continued success. Our mindset coaches will help you to understand more about what makes you tick and help you to identify which tools you need to make the changes necessary.
The mindset programme will help you to understand why you do what you do and what your limiting beliefs are, as well as help you to identify any issues or concerns that my be effecting you.
Weight Loss Holidays in Spain – Services Included
Our weight loss holidays in Spain are an “all-inclusive” holiday, which includes the following:
- Accommodation in a room at the 5-star Marriott La Sella Golf Resort & Spa
- All meals and juices
- Medical assessment on arrival & daily medical assessments if required
- Personal and group coaching sessions
- Juicing and cookery demonstrations
- Daily supervised walk
- Daily yoga & rebounding classes
- Pilates, zumba, tai chi, dance, circuit training and other exercise classes
- Use of spa, gym and outdoor pool
- 21-day follow up programme on leaving
- The unique RFH Fitness financial guarantee
The following optional services are also available, by prior request:
- Transfers from Alicante airport
- Extensive range of beauty treatments (Massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, body wraps, waxing, body scrubs, tanning, eye brow and eye lash tinting, hot stones)
- Colon hydrotherapy treatments
- Sports & relaxing massages
- Hair dressing
- Trips and excursions to local towns, including a weekly trip to the local market
Dates & Prices
Weight Loss Holidays in Spain – Dates & Prices
Our weight loss holidays in Denia, Spain are not currently available. Please check out our fitness and weight-loss holidays in Antequera, Ibiza and Marbella.
Weight Loss Holidays in Spain – Gallery
Click any image to open and scroll through the gallery.